Monday, November 2, 2015

Week 1

Progress:

So, so far, I haven't lost any weight, but I do feel more energy and I feel like the shape of my body is becoming more toned. Toward the end of the week I fell off the wagon a bit by eating some coconut milk ice cream and pumpkin bread, but this week I am determined to start and end well. I already forgot about some of my goals: praying before every meal and drinking a cup of water before meals, so that is something I will focus on this week. Insanity has been going well. Week 1 went smoothly and I completed all the videos without struggle. The good thing about max 30 is that I can get better no matter how many times I do one video by reaching a further max out minute.


This week, for eat to live, my diet consisted mainly of the same foods everyday...

Breakfast: watermelon w/lentil soup OR oatmeal w/fruit

Lunch: salad w/beans, peppers, onions, carrots & an apple w/cinnamon

Dinner: fruit smoothie (sometimes with a salad too)

I hope this week goes better than the last, as I will focus more on my goals. I will also begin weight myself halfway through the weeks in addition to the end. Oh, and I decided that every time I am tempted to skip a workout or eat something unhealthy, I will do a minute of jumping jacks (or 100).

"Your body can stand almost anything. It's your mind you have to convince."


Recipe of the week: Lentil Soup
  • 1cup dry lentils
  • 12cups chicken broth (I use College Inn)
  • 1(14 1/2 ounce) can of peeledItalian tomatoes (cut up)
  • 1cup peeled chopped potato
  • 12cup chopped carrot
  • 12cup chopped onion
  • 12cup chopped celery (optional)
  • 1tablespoon dried parsley
  • 1tablespoon dried basil(crushed)
  • 1garlic clove (minced)
  • 1dash pepper
  1. Rinse and drain the dry lentils.
  2. In a saucepan combine the lentils, chicken broth, tomatoes, potatoes, carrots, celery, parsley, basil, garlic, and pepper.
  3. Simmer for 45-50 minutes until lentils and vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.

"When you feel like quitting, remember why you started."

No comments:

Post a Comment